Monday, September 22, 2008

CELL PHONE SET #17









The seventeenth Cell Phone set that I have posted. Here it is. This one was hard for me to agree upon. Hopefully it agrees with you. I do really, REALLY like the color/light progression from the top to the bottom of this one. Just so you know, I spend hours deliberating over which photo's go with which photos. That's more than half the battle. I hope you liked last weeks poems.
The top photo is a black car in front of a warehouse that I drove past in South Philly. It was right by Johnny's on Snyder Avenue.
The middle photo is of the man that lives in the middle of Delaware Avenue. It's a picture of his hand holding a cigarette and his legs. If you don't know, Delaware Ave is split in the middle by a wide median that has unused train tracks running through the middle of it. That is where he lives. All his belongings reside in a shopping cart or in a big pile. The big pile is what he is sitting on in the photo. He is usually always reading what I assume is a Bible. He sits facing one side of the road while his near-identical brother sits facing the other. He wears very thick glasses and rarely looks up or towards anyone, almost never acknowledging them. He never gets bothered. He coexists with established society.
The bottom photo is of a lady that I met in Atlantic City, probably around 6 a.m. after drinking all night and just before accidentally getting brought to the hospital in an ambulance.

No comments: