Monday, April 14, 2008

CELL PHONE SET #8









Cell Phone Set #8. There is a theme in these here pictures. It is a theme that isn't expressed in their content. It is in my cell phone camera lens & it's crack. None the less, these three photo's are sick. Recently my cell phone camera lens became cracked, probably between my body and some sort of heavy sound or light equipment while sitting in my pocket at work.
The top photo is near 69th & Market. This lady was sitting down on a set of steps while mildly yelling at herself and listening to her walkman. Maybe she was singing along? Either way she was staring at that blank wall & deeper into the alley. I once saw a man come out nowhere at around midnight with a purse in his hand. He came from 69th Street, down Ludlow and into this alley. About 30 seconds later a slew of cops chased down after him. Then a slew of dogs. Another 30 seconds and then he came out the alley, handcuffed. The most interesting aesthetic, visually was him running past all the stagehands & trucks that were loading out Steely Dan. I was sitting on the back of an open 24-foot box truck watching. Back to the story, the blur in this photo is very minor & almost not even noticeable at all.
The second/middle photo is at a warehouse. Right after this picture was taken the guy in black, Randall (pictured in CELL PHONE SET #1) told me that he loves to play the guitar, mostly only hard-rock. He then told me that sometimes he goes up on the roof of his giant warehouse with "big", "giant" speakers, some fireworks and then rocks the neighborhood. The blur in this photo is pretty foggy.
The bottom photo was taken in downtown Philly. I forget where exactly. I think it's an amazing photo ruined by the best blur ever. The wall is sick, the lady is sick. This photo has a really defined "blur".
I really like the interworkings of these 3 photo's compositions. Keep checking.

1 comment:

Shawn Kornhauser said...

Since there's nothing you can do about the crack, you should embrace it.

I actually like the effect it has on the photo of the lady on the phone.